The work may be challenging but but the rewards more than make up for it. If you're looking to make a profound difference in people's lives, we have a place for you. Positions open regularly so please, check back often.
SEXUAL ABUSE CENTRE THUNDER BAY
Invites Applications for the position of
Full Time Counsellor
The Sexual Abuse Centre provides services to female and male victims of sexual violence. This is a full time position requiring some after-hour counselling (individual or group) and public education.
- Intake and Assessments
- Counselling: developing and implementing brief intervention and short or long term counselling plans
- Crisis intervention during business hours
- Group development and facilitation
- Public Education
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Social Worker Diploma
- Excellent assessment skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of various treatment modules and experience in trauma work
- Excellent computer skills and ability to enter data
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with co-workers and other community agencies
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse client cultures
- Experience in group work
- Experience and comfort with public speaking
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Responsible, reliable and flexible
- Valid Driver’s Licence, Reliable Vehicle
Hours of Work
35 hours per week (9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and occasional after hour work).
Salary: Accordance with Collective Agreement (C.U.P.E.)
Extended Health Package Provided
Closing date: February 1, 2019
Sexual Abuse Centre Thunder Bay
385 Mooney St or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5L5
We thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.